Coastal Engineer 1
KS Associates seeks an entry-level engineer to join our Coastal Engineering Group. This is a full-time position with overhead as needed.
Under the direction of Professional Engineers you will:
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations, and cost estimates.
- Prepare technical specifications, engineering reports, regulatory applications, and other technical documents.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, presentations, reports, and proposals.
- Collaborate with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects.
- Conduct field work including site inspections, surveys, and construction observations.
- Prepare and present technical content to clients and the public.
- Participate in project scoping and fee estimating.
- Interact with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality and credibility.
- Ability to handle stress and remain composed with all types of people and under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
- Your success is our success! We encourage our engineers to share their knowledge and continually develop their interests and skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree with a focus on Coastal or Ocean Engineering. Civil, Structural or Geo-technical Engineering degree may be considered if coupled with professional experience in coastal or maritime structural engineering.
- 0 to 3 years of relevant professional experience including internship or co-op experience. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
You will work in a casual office environment with typical office equipment. You should have the ability to work outdoors exposed to all types of weather, walk on uneven ground, ride or pilot watercraft, and swim.
KS Associates offers flexible hours and the potential for work-from-home arrangements.
Occasional day travel, and infrequent overnight travel, may be needed. A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are required.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Submit questions, resumes and/or cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KS Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, belief or spirituality, age, disability, use of family and medical leave, military status or genetic information.