KS Associates has a thriving Coastal Engineering practice and we need to add enthusiastic, talented engineers to our growing team. We are seeking two engineers. One would have Engineering Intern (E.I.) status (as defined by the Ohio State Board of Registration) and 0-4 years of experience in Coastal Engineering. Another would be an Ohio registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) with 4-10 years of relevant experience.
In collaboration with and under the guidance of Professional Engineers with a shared passion for waterfront work, the successful candidate will be part of a team that provides analysis and recommendations, engineering design, construction engineering services, and project management for marine infrastructure and dredging projects. Typical projects include revetments, seawalls, bulkheads, marine foundations, breakwaters, marinas, piers, docks, dredging, and beach improvements.
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates;
- Prepare technical specifications;
- Prepare engineering reports, regulatory applications, and other technical documents;
- Collaborate with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Conduct field work including site inspections, surveys, and construction observations;
- Prepare and present technical content to clients and the public; and
- Participate in project scoping and fee estimating.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a focus on Coastal or Ocean Engineering. A degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering may also be considered with professional experience in or demonstrated commitment to further studies in Coastal or Ocean Engineering;
- Ohio Registered E.I. or P.E., or ability to obtain within 6 months;
- 0-10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software;
- Physical ability to work outdoors exposed to weather, walk on uneven ground, ride in or pilot a watercraft, swim; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Respond via email with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KS Associates, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.