Coastal Engineer – Mid Level
KS Associates is seeking an engineer to join our Coastal Engineering practice in Ohio. In collaboration with and under the guidance of professional engineers with a shared passion for waterfront work, the successful candidate will be part of a team that provides analysis and recommendations, engineering design, construction engineering services, and project management for marine infrastructure and dredging projects along the Great Lakes and tributaries. Typical projects include port infrastructure, dredging, revetments, seawalls, bulkheads, marine foundations, breakwaters, marinas, piers, docks and beach improvements.
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations, and cost estimates;
- Prepare technical specifications;
- Prepare engineering reports, regulatory applications, and other technical documents;
- Collaborate with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Conduct field work including site inspections, surveys, and construction observations;
- Prepare and present technical content to clients and the public;
- Participate in project scoping and fee estimating; and
- Interact with clients and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a focus on Coastal or Ocean Engineering. A degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering may be considered if coupled with professional experience in coastal engineering or maritime structural engineering;
- Registered P.E. in Ohio or ability to obtain same within 6 months;
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software;
- Physical ability to work outdoors exposed to weather, walk on uneven ground, ride in or pilot a watercraft, swim; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Respond via email with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KS Associates, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.