Senior Structural Bridge Engineer/Project Manager
KS Associates is seeking a Senior Structural Bridge Engineer/Project Manager to provide bridge and structural engineering consulting services. This key management position is based in our Elyria (Cleveland Area) office and reports to one of the firm’s Principals. This individual work directly with clients including the Ohio Department of Transportation, Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission, and municipalities and counties through the state.
The successful candidate will represent KS Associates by interfacing with our transportation clients, providing technical leadership for our five bridge engineers and technicians, and leading our design, evaluation, and bridge inspection programs. This individual will work with the firm’s Principals to increase our bridge and transportation services, and assist in business development. The successful candidate will possess technical excellence in the design, organization, and execution of structural and bridge projects for highway, freight railroad, passenger rail, and transit clients. This individual will also be responsible for managing project schedules and budgets.
The position requires proven leadership ability; solid technical knowledge on AASHTO/ODOT Level 2 design; excellent client communications; and strong management, mentoring, and team-building skills.
KS offers an attractive starting salary and an excellent benefits package.
The preferred candidate will:
- Possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and hold an active Ohio Professional Engineer’s license.
- Have 15 to 20 years of experience working on transportation projects, demonstrating a progression of greater responsibility.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
- Be technically astute and able to follow and critique complex issues related to design, construction, regulatory permits, and project finances.
- Be a goal-oriented problem solver.
- Have prior management experience overseeing teams of professionals for design, inspection, or construction management projects.
- Is affable and comfortable with association gatherings, meeting new people, and making presentations for selection interviews.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting the client’s technical and managerial expectations and expanding the firm’s role within the client’s organization.
- Successfully using resources and expertise across the firm to efficiently respond to projects and the client’s objectives.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintaining the company’s excellent reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Share leadership responsibility with the Principals, particularly with respect to project engineering, management, and mentoring staff members. Assume overall responsibility for KS’s Transportation Group.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registration as a licensed Ohio Professional Engineer.
- Pre-qualified by ODOT for Level 2 Bridge Design, or meet the requirements for this pre-qualification.
Respond via email with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KS Associates, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.