Roadway Project Engineer
KS Associates, Inc. seeks an experienced mid-level roadway engineer (five to eight years of experience) to join our growing team of structural, roadway, and transportation engineers and designers. Applicants must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Ohio or qualified to obtain an Ohio P.E. license. This position will be based in our Elyria, Ohio, office.
Candidates must possess strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment on multi-disciplinary projects. The candidate must be a self-starter and a proactive communicator.
Previous highway design, geometric design, and drainage design experience utilizing ODOT accepted related Roadway and Geometric Design software. Related in-field experience, including work for ODOT, for local municipalities, and on Local and Federally funded projects. Working knowledge of AASHTO and ODOT design manuals and standards, and related traffic control and maintenance of traffic procedures are required. Working knowledge of ODOT’s Project Development Process (PDP) is desired.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs detailed highway design calculations in support of design for highway geometry, drainage and material.
- Writes reports and specifications.
- Assists with computation of plan quantities to support the opinion of probable costs.
- Supports completion of final submittal documents for design projects.
- Prepares design plans using MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, Civil 3D, and other design software.
- Progresses from simple to moderately complex projects with appropriate supervision.
- Works well independently and in team environment.
- Is committed to quality work and timely communications
Submit questions, resumes and/or cover letters to: Lynn S. Miggins, P.E., President: email@example.com
Feel free to call Lynn at: 440.365.4730, extension 310.
KS Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, belief or spirituality, age, disability, use of family and medical leave, military status or genetic information.